Chair: Stefan Larrass, OFVGA
February 11, 2021 at noon- 1 (Zoom webinar)
Access to Labour in 2021:
HR Resources for farms, Portia MacDonald-Dewhirst, Executive Director, Canadian Agricultural Human Resources Council (CAHRC)
- Biography: Portia MacDonald-Dewhirst is the Executive Director, Canadian Agricultural Human Resources Council (CAHRC) Canada’s agri-workforce centre of excellence. Through collaboration, the Council researches emerging labour issues, modern job requirements, position vacancies and labour impacts to competitiveness. CAHRC also develops practical staff management tools and training programs to grow the AgriWorkforce and ensure it is skilled and resilient for future success.
- Details of presentation: Provide useful information, tools and resources to help employers with the complexities of staff management responsibilities.
Labour update for 2021 (SAWP & Ontario), Ken Forth, President, FARMS
- Biography: Ken Forth is Chair of the Labour Section of the Ontario Fruit and Vegetable Growers’ Association. He is a broccoli grower from the Hamilton area, and currently president of the Foreign Agricultural Resource Management Service (FARMS) and Chair of the Labour Issues Co-ordinating Committee.
- Details of Presentation: Update on the 2021 SAWP / TFWP program and other relevant labour developments the Labour Issues Coordinating Committee is involved in.
Summary of available resources for growers, Stefan Larrass, OFVGA
- Biography: Stefan works on grower priorities related to labour and to safety nets. He also works with Ken Forth on the Labour Issues Coordinating Committee.
- Details of presentation: Update on resources available to growers to support their efforts to manage workplace safety in the pandemic.