The Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) is transforming the way crop protection information is provided to better serve clients through an online digital application called the Ontario Crop Protection Hub. The following specialty crops are currently included in this resource, with others to be added in the future:
- tree nuts (hazelnuts, chestnuts, walnuts, pecans)
- herbs (balm, basil, chives, cilantro, dillweed, lavender, marjoram/oregano, mint, parsley, rosemary, sage, savory, tarragon)
- sweetpotatoes, edamame and several other specialty vegetables
- specialty berries (haskap, gooseberry, currant, Saskatoon berry)
The Ontario Crop Protection Hub is now available for you to access the latest crop protection information and can be found here: Ontario.ca/CropProtection
The Ontario Crop Protection Hub is…
- accessible through any device (tablet, computer, smart phone),
- allows you to customize and find information based on your specific business needs, and
- replacing PDF and print crop protection publications, which can quickly become out of date.
To ensure the application meets the needs of the agri-food sector and that we understand how best to support users with the transition to this new digital tool, OMAFRA will be conducting user testing along the way and engaging producers and stakeholders for feedback. This is the first version of the application and you will see changes to features and content over time as we continue to improve this digital service.
There is a feedback form link at the top of the webpage and available here: Feedback
A series of videos providing an overview of how to use this new resource can be found here: ‘Ontario Crop Protection Hub’ Other questions? Contact the Agriculture Information Contact Centre by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 1-877-424-1300. Any specialty crop-specific questions can also be directed to Melanie Filotas (email@example.com) or Sean Westerveld (firstname.lastname@example.org).