After a one year hiatus, the ONHops BrewOff was back at the 2022 OFVC for another round of exciting and friendly competition highlighting Ontario grown hops and Ontario craft beer!
This year’s beer style was: American Pale Ale (BJCP 18B)
And the 2022 OHBO winners are:
- 1st Place: Quayle’s Brewery & Cahiague Farms & Great Canadian Hops
- 2nd Place: Elora Brewing Company & CanAussie Farms
- 3rd Place: GoodLot Farmstead Brewing Co. & GoodLot Farm
Congratulations to this year’s winners and enthusiastic participation by all teams!
The organizers would like to thank all participants, competition judges, the Ontario Fruit & Vegetable Convention, local media, and OMAFRA for their continued support in providing a venue to showcase Ontario hops and Ontario craft beer!
The ONHops Brew Off (formally The Great Ontario-Hopped Craft Beer Competition) was conceived to bring together Ontario hop producers and the most significant end-user of the crop, the Ontario brewing industry. The goals are to:
- Create a credible venue for hop growers and brewers to work together and encourage commerce.
- Introduce the next generation of Ontario brewers to the hop growing community.
- Promote the use of Ontario-grown hops.
For more information about the competition please visit our website at: https://www.ofvc.ca/ONHOPS_about.html