The Ontario Fruit and Vegetable Convention taking place at the Scotiabank Convention Centre in Niagara Falls, Ontario is back on as an in-person event taking place on February 23 & 24, 2022.
This year’s Hops and Haskap Sessions have an excellent lineup of topics and speakers:
Hops Session – Wednesday, February 23 from 9-11am
This year’s Hops Session will focus on the structures, opportunities, and challenges with developing hop supply and value chains in North America.
- 9:30-10:30am: Regional Hop Supply Chains: Challenges & Opportunities (Julien Venne, MAPAQ)
- 10:30-11:30am: An Overview of the Hops Supply and Value Chain Structure in the Pacific Northwest (Jessica Stevens, Maggie Elliot, and Ann George, Hop Growers of America)
Haskap Session – Thursday, February 24 from 2-3:30 pm
This year’s Haskap Session will focus on marketing (value added product development), along with some production and pest management basics.
- 2-2:30pm Haskap Fertility: Answers to Frequently Asked Questions (Evan Elford, OMAFRA)
- 2:30-3pm Haskap Pests in ONtario – Current Update (Dr. Melanie Filotas, OMAFRA)
- 3-3:30 pm Haskap Processing for Value-Added Products (Dr. Su-Ling Brooks, Dalhousie University)
The Haskap Berry Growers Association of Ontario (HBGAO) AGM will take place following the Haskap Speaker Session.
Please note that all speakers in both the hops and haskap sessions will be livestreamed. Every effort will be made to post recordings of these sessions on the OFVC website for a limited time after the convention for registered convention attendees only.
For more information and to register, please visit the OFVC website.