Tobacco Pest Control Products for 2012
An updated version of the list of products used in producing flue-cured tobacco in Ontario is now available. Copies can be obtained at the Ontario Flue-Cured Tobacco Growers’ Marketing Board (http://www.ontarioflue-cured.com/index.php).
Additionally, the new OMAFRA Guide to Weed Control (Publication 75) is now available. This guide has been the definitive source of weed control information in Ontario for more than 50 years. It has the latest information on managing weeds in all crops and agricultural situations. The new guide features:
- chapter tabs for quicker referencing
- a number of new products and tank-mixes in various field and horticulture crops
- updated Weed Control Rating Tables
- the latest information on confirmed populations of herbicide resistant weeds in Ontario
- information on diagnostic labs that will test for herbicide resistance
- improved re-cropping (plant back) tables, with lab contacts to perform field bioassay tests
- PCP numbers added to table on herbicides used in Ontario for quick reference
Publication 75 also provides you with updates on integrated weed management, application technology and safety precautions. This is an excellent supplement to the information found on commercial labels. It costs $15 plus tax or can be downloaded in pdf format from the ServiceOntario website at no charge (5.6 MB). To order online, visit the ServiceOntario Publications website at http://www.publications.serviceontario.ca and search for 0075E for the English version or 0075F for the French version. Or use http://ontario.ca/ei73 to go directly to the order/download page for the Guide to Weed Control. By phone, contact the ServiceOntario Publications Contact Centre at 1-800-668-9938 or 416-326-5300 or TTY 1-800-268-7095 from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday.